These are the draft Goals and Plans for 2015. As they are finalized, this page will be updated.
For 2015, we have established standing goals to guide our activities. These goals help the TLA board focus on how to best use our resources and to decide which projects to support. These goals are:
- Build partnerships with likeminded advocacy groups, governmental agencies and institutions of higher education while advocating mission-matching issues.
- Promote and enhance environmental education in our ERCOL service area.
- Sustain and foster an active and financially supporting membership base.
- Promote and support water quality and safety in our ERCOL service area.
- Promote a strong committee based organizational structure.
In addition to continuing many of our projects from 2014, we look forward to starting several new projects in 2015, including:
- Expansion of the LWD project in Grass River.
- Studying the golden brown algae or “yellow crud” that has been proliferating in Torch Lake.
- In conjunction with Torch Lake Protection Alliance, a work plan to study the “human chemistry” of the Torch Lake Sandbar has been established. The study is proposed for the weekend of July 4, 2015.